G M Developments and its sister company G M London are building contractors and property developers and as such it may be necessary to collect personal information/data in connection with these types of activities when dealing with general enquiries and/or progressing a client’s matter.
As we will collect, process and store information/data from you and/or from third parties such as architects, designers etc we are obliged under the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 1998 to inform you of the information that we may collect, how we collect the information, the purpose, how we store the information and the length of time of storage.
Data can be:
- Personal information such as name, postal and email addresses, telephone numbers etc.
How We Collect Personal Data
We collect personal data in a number of ways and these include but are not limited to:
- When you contact us on the telephone in respect of an initial enquiry;
- When you email us with an enquiry;
- When you provide us with general background information;
- When you provide us with specific information;
- When you provide a review following the completion of your matter that is used on our website with your permission
- When you follow us on any social media channel such as LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter
Source of Information/Data
- From yourself;
- From third parties with whom we have an association and who has referred you to us and/or sent us tenders to potentially provide our services to you.
- Agents/lawyers who are employed in regard to sale of G M London properties.
Purpose/Reason for Processing Data
Personal data may be collected for the purpose of:
- Fulfilling the terms of the contract/project under the terms and conditions with you;
- Providing our services to you;
- Complying with any legal requirements; including the sale of G M London properties.
- Communicating with you;
- Contacting such necessary organisations/companies or any other bodies for the purposes of carrying out our services for you.
Restricted Use of Personal Data
Only relevant personal data shall be taken from you for the necessary fulfilment of our services to you.
On receiving enquiries from potential clients/potential buyers by telephone or by email or through the form on our web sites, we will store personal information relating to your telephone number/email and postal address on our computer system for the purpose of communicating with you now and in the future.
Limited Access to Data
- Data shall be processed and used by the Company and/or by our staff when necessary.
- Relevant data may also be used and stored by the following persons/organisations:
- Architects and other professionals etc involved on the contract/project and/or completing services associated with it
- Agents/lawyers involved in the sale of G M London properties
In all such cases we shall ensure that all external parties shall be GDPR compliant and observe the duty of confidentiality.
How we may Use Your Data other than for the Performance of the Contract.
- Direct and/or indirect marketing;
Storage of Data
We shall retain your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed.
In most cases following the completion of your matter it will be necessary to retain your data for up to 7 years to comply with any contractual and/or statutory obligations such as dealing with any complaints/claims that may arise.
Right to Request a Copy of your Data
Under the GDPR you are entitled to request a copy of your personal data which we hold on you such as your name, address, date of birth etc.
If you require a copy of your personal data you must contact Susan Brown or by email at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints about the Use of Personal Data
If for whatever reason you are unhappy on how we have processed or used your data then you can raise a complaint to Susan Brown who will take steps to investigate the matter for you.
Our data protection officer is Susan Brown at email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org